MFA Faculty Publications
- Marc Palmieri’s play “The Groundling” was featured in Newsday.
- Schuler, Barbara. “LI Playwright’s Farce Is a Nod to Shakespeare.” Newsday, 5 Nov. 2019, www.newsday.com/entertainment/theater/marc-palmieri-groundling-glenwood-landing-1.38222651.
- Raboteau, Emily. “Lessons In Survival”. The New York Review Of Books, 2019, https://www.nybooks.com/articles/2019/11/21/climate-race-resilience-lessons-survival/.
- “Climate Signs.” The New York Review of Books, 2019, www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/02/01/climate-signs/.
- Dekel, Mikhal. Yom Kippur in Tehran in 1942: A Story about Iran, Judaism and Anti-Semitism. New York Daily News, 2019, www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-oped-yom-kippur-in-tehran-20191008-a2lyqi5h2vh4va45fzk5aroiri-story.html.
- Abdoh, Salar. “Distress and Defiance in Tehran.” New York Times, 2019, www.nytimes.com/2019/06/21/opinion/sunday/iran-crisis.html.
- “The Cleric and I.” Guernica, 2018, www.guernicamag.com/the-cleric-and-i/.
- Salar Abdoh was part of his brother Reza Abdoh’s retrospective at the MOMA and PS1. Reza was considered one of the greatest theater directors of all time. His influence on modern theatre was enormous. Salar Abdoh was a part of the company (Dar A Luz) and co-wrote the last play, Quotations from a Ruined City. The exhibition was reviewed by BOMB magazine.
- Abdoh, Reza. (2018). Reza Abdoh: A Retrospective. June 3-Sept 3, 2018, MoMA PS1, Queens, NY.
- Abdoh, Reza. (2018). Reza Abdoh: Radical Visions. July 14-22, 2018, Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY.
- Laskin, Pamela. “Why no Bhine” Leapfrog Press. Manuscript will be published in 2019. She received an RF CUNY grant for this book.
MFA Alumni and Student Publications
- Bell, Kay. Cry. Sweat. Bleed. Write. Lily Poetry Review, 2020
- Strom, Raymond. Northern Lights: A Novel. Simon & Schuster, 2019
- James, Emily. “At First, the Ground Shakes.” Teachers & Writers Magazine, 2019, teachersandwritersmagazine.org/at-first-the-ground-shakes-5811.htm.
- Emily James’ essay, “At First, the Ground Shakes,” received the 2019 Bechtel Prize. Teachers & Writers Collaborative awards the Bechtel Prize to the author of an exemplary essay that explores themes related to creative writing, arts education, and/or the imagination.
- Emanuel, Bonnie Jill. “Valentine’s Day.” American Poetry Review, Volume 48, 2019, www.aprweb.org/issue-index/2019-january-february.